It’s always a good idea to try something new.
It takes a lot of courage to step out of one’s comfort zone and change a tried-and-tested recipe, especially if we don’t know how it will come out, and that we might fail along the way. But because my daughter cannot eat anything with egg, she has very limited food choices, we made this eggless carbonara recipe so she won’t miss out on Carbonara.
As in life…
we need to overcome our fears and have the courage to try new adventures, new things. We need to open ourselves up to the opportunity to learn something new, experience new things, gain new knowledge.
Eggless Pasta Carbonara
This rich and creamy eggless pasta carbonara is the perfect way to get your carbonara fix. Great for people like me who are allergic to eggs.
250 grams spaghetti
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
200 grams bacon
200 grams button mushrooms, sliced
1 can (355ml) evaporated milk
1 can (225ml) all-purpose cream
1/2 beef cube (optional)
parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
1. Cook noodles as directed on package. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, sauté onion until translucent.
3. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add in bacon and cook until lightly brown.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for about five minutes.
6. Pour in milk, all-purpose cream and beef cube.
7. Let it simmer until the sauce is thick and creamy. Stir constantly.
8. Stir in noodles and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Do not add olive oil to your pasta water as it prevents sauce from sticking to the pasta. If you’re worried that the pasta will stick together, use a large pot with lots of water to give the pasta plenty of room to move around as it cooks. You can also stir the pasta constantly for the rest of the cooking time.